[TowerTalk] Rotator Problem - follow up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Problem - follow up
From: nwtncc@iswt.com (James C. Hall, M.D.)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 15:54:21 -0600
Thanks to all that answered my inquiry - very quick response.  The problem
was solved !  The nice thing is that I have terminal blocks at the tower and
lightnig protection at the SPG panel in the garage. With AC at the tower, I
simply took the control box out to the tower and plugged it in after running
a bypass on the terminal block there. The problem still occurred at the
tower and even degenerated further - so the problem had to be up above.

Ya know that rubber O-ring that should go in the connector at the rotator
(the one that never gets included with the package) - I still had it in my
pocket !!!  OOoops ! Well after taking all the tape down, the connector
basically was apart in my hand.  After blowing out the moisture and
reconnecting and testing rotation, all was well.  Took the opportunity to
recalibrate the antennas to North and retighten the mast clamp. After more
tape and Scotchguard, everything is back to 'normal' - at least for now ;)

Thanks again to all !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,