[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Compatibility

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Compatibility
From: towert@microvst.demon.co.uk (Anthony R.Gold)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 13:47:17 +0000
The controller for my Yaesu G-2700SDX rotator died in August.  At first
Yaesu (after three full months) said only that it was "beyond economical
repair", but on being pressed offered a repair for around $600 or a new
controller for $850.  And I have not even asked yet whether those costs
include the 17.5% sales tax here in the UK.

Can anyone tell me whether it would be possible to run the rotator using
the controller from a G-1000SDX?  I could buy a complete new 1000 rotator
for the same price.

Thanks for any advice.
--
   Tony - G3SKR / W2TG                   email: tgold@panix.com