[TowerTalk] Power vs SWR nomogram

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power vs SWR nomogram
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:33:44 -0500
Pete Smith wrote:

> I'm trying to find some sort of published graphic that displays the
> relationship between SWR and apparent power, as measured by a standard RF
> power meter, such as the VFD.  Put another way, if the meter says my SWR is
> 1.8:1 and my power is 1440 watts, I want to be able to apply a factor to
> know my real forward power level.

  If I understand the question, it depends on the impedance of the
source,
compared to the transmission line, how much is absorbed by the TX and
how
much is reflected from the XMTR.
  You need to think about the mismatch, is it from using the wrong
transmission line for that antenna, or if that antenna is being operated
off frequency.  You might be able to correct the error.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----