[TowerTalk] Spurs and Harmonics new antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spurs and Harmonics new antenna
From: w5kft@nts-online.net (w5kft@nts-online.net)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:59:54 -0600

        I installed a new 75 meter delta loop on Tuesday.  Its 265 feet
total length, cut for 3.795 khz.  SWR is acceptable, less than 2.0
to 1 on that freq.

        Problem is that when using this antenna I have a spur or
harmonic every 10 khz across the 75 meter band.  All the way from
3500 up to 4000 the spur can be heard every 10 khz starting
exactly on 3.500, in the DX window 3770-3780-3790-3800 the
sput peaks at about 30 db over S9.  All connections on the
antenna, coax and fittings check solid.

        The delta loop is hung from the top of a 80 foot tower that also
has a HyGain TH11 and Cushcraft 402CD on it.

        Weird thing is that if I key the transceiver (TS-940SAT) the spur
will go away for about 2 seconds and then returns again.

        OK you list guru's.....what are your ideas and suggestions, this
one has me stumped.  Any suggestions on how to find the source
and cure this problem would sure be appreciated....

Bryan W5KFT

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----