[TowerTalk] Non-Resonant Guy Lengths?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Non-Resonant Guy Lengths?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider (N3RR))
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 02:03:59 -0500
Brad,

It's in every edition (that I've seen) of the ARRL Handbook.

It's also more complicated than what you suggest in your question.

It's not a matter of a specific length, rather, it's a matter of not
exceeding a specific length.  Most tower guy wires exceed the minimum length
(approx 15 feet on 10 meters) and will to be resonate on all ham bands. To
eliminate this problem, you must break up the guy wires with strain
insulators every 11 feet or, alternatively, use a non-conducting guy wire
like fiberglass.

Check out my website for details: www.erols.com/n3rr

Bill, N3RR