[TowerTalk] ++ Fwd: KYTV, Channel 3 - Springfield, MO - Televisiontower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ++ Fwd: KYTV, Channel 3 - Springfield, MO - Televisiontower top...
From: lmcdavid@lmceng.com (Larry McDavid)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 05:56:29 -0800
Ice? Not here....

However, ice that does not stick to a guy wire presents the image of a
really heavy cylinder of ice accelerating as it slides down the guy
wire, just before it impacts the clamping hardware..... This is not a
pretty picture.

Pete Smith wrote:

> At 04:21 AM 12/7/01 -0500, Ron KA4INM Youvan wrote:
> >The latest development is paint that doesn't allow the ice to stick
> >(to the antenna), which works, disappointedly. (not as was hoped)
>
> I wonder if this is the same stuff that was developed maybe 30 years ago
> for use on radomes on the DEW line.  I understand it works really well on
> beam elements, but can imagine that the complex shapes, surfaces and angles
> of a really big tower might present a different set of challenges.
>
> Anyhow, it's still sold -- www.vellox.com.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR
> www.qsl.net/n4zr
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)