[TowerTalk] Grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding
From: pjoseph@email.com (Pat Joseph)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 11:05:15 -0600
I will be putting antennas on a roof mounted tripod that I have put up on
my ranch style house. I have a walkout basement, and the feedline entrance
into the house will be near the electrical service panel at the back of the
house. Since the tripod is such a long distance from the ground level, the
conductors for grounding the tripod will be quite long (maybe I should
seriously look at using a tower instead). I have read an article that
suggests using a ground sytem that includes a ground rod at each corner of
the house with copper strap as conductors from the tripod to each ground
rod. Is this necessary, and wouldn't that defeat the idea of a single point
ground? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Pat Joseph NØHPP - pjoseph@email.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----