Fw: Re: [TowerTalk] Color code coax lines?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: Re: [TowerTalk] Color code coax lines?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:51:47 -0600
--------- Forwarded message (with permission)----------
From: Trey Garlough <trey@kkn.net>
To: n4kg@juno.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:32:43 -0800 (PST)

n4kg@juno.com writes:
 > Colored tape is one (limited) solution as stated.
 >
 > I find it more useful to simply make some tape "flags"
 > using YELLOW tape and a black permanent marking pen.
 > White tape could also be used.

Many years ago W6NL got me onto a labelling kick which I indulge with
a little Brother tape machine (1/2" TZ tape, white) like you see at
Staples and sometimes even at Costco for supercheap.  In addition to
labelling a myriad of stuff indoors, I also use this device to tag
outdoor coax and control cables.  After however many years of
Galapagos sun and water and salt air, these little labels are still
holding up.

I've lost track of how many of these little machines I have gifted to
people who have hosted me on DX trips over the years.

--Trey, N5KO / HC8N