[TowerTalk] Faded Color Coding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Faded Color Coding
From: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu (Zivney, Terry L.)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:20:00 -0500
I have used the multi-pack of SCOTCH brand colored tape available at
Target stores.
In outdoor usage, the Red has faded severely after a couple of years in
sunlight.
The Yellow,  Green, and White have held up nicely in the same
conditions.

I use Red (2) for 20, Green (5) for 15, White (9, no color code for 10!)
for 10,
and Yellow (4) for 40.  I use similar colors for LEDs on the stack
switching boxes
inside the shack, so it is easy to remember which color is which band  I
also use the
same color codes on the control and rotor cables, since there is no
problem mixing up
a coax cable, a rotor cable or a switching cable.

To keep track of the various pieces of coax to the stack switches I use
1, 2, 3, or 4
separate wraps of tape to indicate the top, second, third or forth
antenna in the stack.
With 12 yagis' feedlines on the same tower, some order is needed!

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----