[TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability
From: n2tk@earthlink.net (N2TK)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:27:29 -0500
Just had tilted over the tower to replace some antennas. Checked the coax
for loss. Measured the power going into the coax and measured the power at
the end of the coax at 28.0 MHz with a dummy load on the coax. Used the same
watt meter for both. The length of the coaxes is about 210 - 230'. Here is
the loss as a percentage of power out/power in.
By the way, I cut off the end of one of the 9913 runs at the house (lowest
point of run) to see if any discoloration of the copper. There was none.
This coax has been up for 8 years.
7/8" Prodelin hardline - 88%
1/2" Prodelin hardline - 82% - 2 runs measured the same
9913 - 68% - 2 runs measured the same
RG-213 - 65%.

The measurements are approximate and were done to just check to make sure
the coax didn't have a problem.

Tony