[TowerTalk] ground strap to ground rod

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground strap to ground rod
From: FireBrick" < (FireBrick)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:04:44 -0600
In my never ending attempt to provide the best grounding system I was able
to pick up some pretty think, wide copper strips from a local sheet metal
It was scraps left over from making a copper roof on a bay window.

I took a couple of ground rods and with my saw and a vise cut a slot
lengthwise at the top of the rod.
I made up a jig to hold the rod and guide the saw.
The saw blade was a close match for the copper thickness.
I then drilled three holes through the slotted ground rod.
After installation of the rods, I slid the copper in the slot, drilled
through the copper and used small brass screws, washers and nuts.

It sure seemed like a good mechanical connection.
Anybody see any problem with this?

Rehab Is for Quitters.

Bill H. in Chicagoland