[TowerTalk] MFJ 259 AS a signal generator

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ 259 AS a signal generator
From: FireBrick" < (FireBrick)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:02:13 -0600
My amp uses the 10 meter band switch & input circuit to tune 12 meters.
Apparently it isn't a great match for my MP. Even with the MP tuner it has
just a bit of trouble and sometimes times out with the high swr indication.
Other times it tunes it and everything works fine.

So, my question is. Can I feed the 259 into the input circuit and adjust the
small trimmer for a better match?
Of course I don't want to ruin 10 meters but I think it's just a hair off
being a compromise between both bands.

Does the 259 put out enough of a signal so that I can adjust the trimmer
while observing the meter?

Obviously I will not have the amp turned on, plugged in, and will have
allowed plenty of bleed down time before opening the amp up. I do wish to
survive until I work P5, Scarborough and Dulci for my last ones.

Newspaper Headline: Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers

Bill H. in Chicagoland