[TowerTalk] TH6 powerhandling capabilities

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6 powerhandling capabilities
From: (
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 06:47:05 -0500

On 5 Jan 2002, at 17:52, Peter Sundberg wrote:

> What power level are the traps in a TH6DXX/TH7DX capable of handling ?
> I understand the BN-86 balun restrictions, but I'm interested to hear
> what kind of power people have been abusing the traps with.. :-)
> 73/Peter SM2CEW

I run my old, old, old TH6DXX and BN-86 at 1400 W PEP on SSB
phone and CW and 1000 W on RTTY, 15 and 20, and 1000 W for
all on 10.  I chase DX but I am not a contester.  I have never seen a
change in tuning that I would ascribe to trap heating.

I have had this antenna for 17 years and got it from a friend's
backyard where it had been relegated after who knows how many
years of service in its first life.  He picked it up as a semi-junker
from someone at a hamfest. I suspect that the antenna is at least
30 years old.

Jan Ditzian