[TowerTalk] coax help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax help
From: nwtncc@iswt.com (James Hall)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:32:22 -0600
Hi John:

I think the LMR cables are great.  The LMR-400 is very nice and very
flexible.  At 150', you are going to loose a bit on 70 cm.  But on FM at
65', you will still hit every repeater in 50 miles + with 35-50 watts going
down the line.  Yea, LMR-600 would be better at those frequencies, but the
down side is that it takes a special connector - not the usual PL259 or N.
If you have a friend that works for Cellular Source like I do, you can
borrow the VERY expensive crimper for a few $10 N-connectors.  The -400
stuff is still fine at your range and at those frequencies and for your
planned use.  (Still, compare the loss figures for BuryFlex-9914 vs.
LMR400).

Yes, Bill Hider's web site is great !  Bookmark it --- soon !

Jamie
WB4YDL