[TowerTalk] Using guy wire to carry in coax lines?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using guy wire to carry in coax lines?
From: (
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:04:23 -0600
At a previous location, I had a 50 ft tower close to the back of my
My rotor cable was too short so I sloped in to the radio room from
midway down the tower.  The rotor lights would brighten whenever
I transmitted.  I makes me wonder what effect the rotor cable was
having on the pattern (Front / Back and Front / Side).

At my present location, I have 7 towers, all grounded, from 40 to 130 ft
with ALL cables going to the ground and routed to the house in shallow
open trenches.  I have NO special (expensive) grounding equipment.

I have NEVER suffered lightning damage from my feedlines or cables
in over 20 years.  I HAVE seen lightning strike nearby fields, trees,
and a 25 ft high utility pole next door.

Tom  N4KG in North Alabama where we get a LOT of lightning