[TowerTalk] Mast dealer in Detroit or Chicago Area

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast dealer in Detroit or Chicago Area
From: (Frank W8HO)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:44:49 -0500
Hello All,

I am in need of a top quality mast for a tower installation.  I purchased
the tower from the widow of a SK.  He only had a short (approx 10 foot)
mast on the Tower, yet it has a full mast raising fixture installed.  I
would like to replace this mast with a 20 foot long Chrom-Moly or similar.

Anyone out there know of a steel tubing dealer in the Detroit area, or as a
second choice Chicago area.  I live 110 miles north of Detroit and would
like to keep my shipping costs down.

An additional question, how do I communicate the Ham language of a 2" O.D.,
1/4" wall Chrom-Moly mast (or whatever the next step down would be) into
the professional language that these tubing manufacturers use?  I called a
local dealer and we could barely understand each other.  He kept wanting to
know the application that the tubing would be used for yet he had no idea
what I was talking about when I described the application.

All advice appreciated!

Tnx es 73 de Frank W8HO