[TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:56:03 +0100
LPL impression is confirmed by also my own, although I'm convinced that 10m
benefits of very low angles much more than any other HF band.
At IR4T we have infact a 10m yagi 7WL over a nearly perfectly flat ground,
extending for miles, and there isn't such a benefit with a lower antenna
when we tried that.
On the contrary, the 20m antenna, *only* 3.5 WL over ground, seems not to be
so much performant at such height for some paths.

73,
Mauri I4JMY