[TowerTalk] Alum Masts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alum Masts
From: (
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:55:08 EST
In a message dated 1/10/02 10:03:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

> This discussion of Masts is quite timely for me.  I was planning on using
>  schedule 80 Aluminum pipe for a TH-3MKIII and perhaps a rotatable dipole
>  17.  Should I consider one of HRO's steel masts?

    Standard questions: What's your county windspeed rating (available from
<A HREF="";></A> under Tech
Notes)? What configuration and spacing are you proposing?

    6061-T6 aluminum only has a yield strength of 35,000 psi which is only
suitable for limited mast applications of which yours might be one.

Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech