[TowerTalk] C-3SS and 40m Add-On?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-3SS and 40m Add-On?
From: (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:12:28 -0500
I've been toying with the idea of replacing my F12 C3-SS with a C-4 or
similar antenna.

Recently, I've seen a 40m add-on element for a C3 offered for sale, and
after making some inquiries, found out from F12 that insteadof mounting
it to the C3-SS, I could likely use this element as a rotatable dipole
over my C3-SS.

The questions:
- is this a decent solution?  Saves me $$ over having to sell the C3-SS
and buy a C-4S or so.

- how high would this element have to go above the C3-SS. The one
answer I received so far was "a few feet above the boom of  the C3SS
and parallel to the boom."  What's the definition of "a few feet above"

- how far from this combo would an 80m wire have to be?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC