[TowerTalk]Re: [TowerTalk] Are higher HF & (6m) antenna's really better?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk]Re: [TowerTalk] Are higher HF & (6m) antenna's really better?
From: (
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:57:49 +0100

> I know "HF only" guys tend to get into a mindset where there is only O
> mode of propagation and that's it. (F2)
> The astute 6m readers here know this is not the case, and no doubt hav
e a
> decided "edge" on HF when they know to look
> for other modes of prop, rather than plain jane single Hop F2.

I don't really think one is astute and the other obtuse.
The matter is what one can install compared with what one must install.
A 6m enthusiast must install multiple systems otherwise a great part of
his game is lost. This is both a limitation and a challange for the 6m
An *HF only* guy with restrictions may perfectly decide to give up with
some of the 20m propagation modes, or favour an average, but still
having a lot of fun and time to play. All considered this still appear
as an opportunity rather than a limitation.
Very often, the real point behind such kind of questions is *where do I
place the only antenna I can have, to get the best results in this
conditions ?*.
The point a single antenna at a stated height is better than many
choices is hardly endurable by anyone.

Mauri I4JMY