[TowerTalk] What's the best way to get cable in the house?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What's the best way to get cable in the house?
From: (Bill Parry)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:03:15 -0600
Over the years, I have tried several ways to get my cables into the house. I
am installing a new tower and I want to "do it a better way". I am going to
mount a aluminum plate in the wall and put bulkhead coax connectors through
the metal plate. I having difficulty in finding a suitable connector to
mount for my rotator cable (8 pin). The rotator has a nine pin AMP brand
connector coming out of it and I like the connector. I thought I might use
this variety if they make one that mounts through a plate. I went to the
company's web site and found the connector but could not find the bulhead
type of connector. I have called three different cable-connector supply
companies (advertise in QST/CQ) and they don't seem to know what I'm talking

What's a good way to do this?

Bill, W5VX