[TowerTalk] What's the best way to get cable in the house?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What's the best way to get cable in the house?
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:12:09 -0500
At 10:03 AM 1/11/02 -0600, W5VX wrote:
>Over the years, I have tried several ways to get my cables into the house. I
>am installing a new tower and I want to "do it a better way". I am going to
>mount a aluminum plate in the wall and put bulkhead coax connectors through
>the metal plate. I having difficulty in finding a suitable connector to
>mount for my rotator cable (8 pin). The rotator has a nine pin AMP brand
>connector coming out of it and I like the connector.

I use 8-pin Cinch-Jones plugs and jacks (now made by Beau Vernitron,
obtainable from the usual suspects (Mouser, Digikey) but would love to find
a supplier of 8-10 pin ROUND plugs and jacks capable of moderate current.
It's a real PITA making rectangular holes in my bulkhead plate,
particularly when I need to add just one more to a panel that is already
installed.  Using a Uni-bit and a power drill would be much more attractive.

Anyone have any thoughts?

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest
Station Database