[TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:36:03 -0500
> One benefit of 'Higher is Better' that I haven't seen mentioned does
> pertain to urban location guys like me.
> Higher means farther away from noise sources like power lines.
> Higher means farther away from possible tvi problems.
> Higher means farther away from people and maybe gets you out of rf
> exposure zones.

That's good advice.

While all the talk about patterns over perfect flat earth with no
buildings is useful in that environment, we all don't live in the
country on cattle farms or on golf courses.

If I lived in a congested area, I certainly would try to get the
antenna a reasonable amount above obstructions any away from
noise sources and such.

73, Tom W8JI

Order online at