[TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are_higher_HF_antenna's_really_better?
From: (Chris BONDE)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:26:11 -0800
At 02:07 PM 2002-01-13 -0600, wrote:

>         Anyone still in doubt that a low antenna can be
>         better than a high antenna is welcome to put up their
>         own low antenna(s) (35 - 45 ft) and compare for themselves.
>         That's the only way they will KNOW for sure.
>         Tom N4KG
I kinda wish that I could worry about how high.  I have to make do with a
low antenna, and, because of a large rock to the north of me, not being
able to hear Europe at all!!

But is Beverage Ants are long and low, receiving loops low, say 21ft square
10ft above ground, then low might have something.  However, maybe the
assumption of receprocity of Rx ant and of Tx is a false assumption, which
I think is assumed here.

Chris opr VE7HCB

Order online at