[TowerTalk] Advice on 2 el 40M Vertical Array

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice on 2 el 40M Vertical Array
From: (
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:31:00 -0600
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002  Bud Semon N7CW <> writes:

> I am using a 2 element 6 band (20 - 6) quad (not a  spider).
> Should  the dipole be mounted parallel or perpendicular to the boom?
> 73,  Bud  N7CW

I mounted my full size wire / bamboo 40M dipole on the boom of a
Mosley 2L triband Quad, parallel to the elements, right at the mast.
The only interaction I noticed was a small degradation of F/B on 15M,
comparing before and after measurements.

Mounting a 40M dipole parallel to the boom of a 2L Quad 'should'
minimize interactions for all band combinations.  Modeling the
combination will give you the 'final answer'.  It's easier to just
stick it up there and see what happens :-)

Tom  N4KG

Order online at