[TowerTalk] Force 12 Sigma 80

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Sigma 80
From: (Kondra Tieff)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:07:25 +0100 (CET)
Just a little side comment to this discussion;

Brad was considering the Sigma80, a center-fed vertical **dipole** for
80 meters, which does not need any form for counterpoise or radial
system.   In order to match Force12's specs, I believe a shortened GP
would hardly do the job.  A full size homebrew vertical dipole needs a
mounting point some 40 meters (120+ feet) above ground, with feeding
cable perpendicular to the dipole wire.

I have used a 5 band Force12 Sigma5 antenna since September.  Easy
mount on the ground, no radials, partly surrounded by trees and our
house, and I am very pleased with its DX achievements.

Chris / LA8OM

Sjekk snørapporter...
fra 500 ski-destinasjoner i Europa

Order online at