[TowerTalk] So which is the best switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] So which is the best switch
From: w4foa@voy.net (Tony Martin)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:12:44 -0500
I would be reluctant to say the antenna switch I have used for
years (and continue to use) is the best, however I can't say
enough good things about the Bird COAXWITCH Model 74.  They
are not easy to find today but if you are fortunate enough
to get one, it will most likely be the very last coax switch
you will ever need.  For those not familiar with it, it is
a six position (pull, turn, push) selector, very heavy duty.
I'm sure someone has made some loss measurements on this
switch, but I don't have any figures.
73
Tony, W4FOA
Chickamauga, GA