[TowerTalk] Loading C31XR boom for 80m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loading C31XR boom for 80m
From: n7vm@lgcy.com (Bill Ralston)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:44:47 -0700
Anyone ever tried to feed the boom on a C31XR for 80m?

I had been planning inverted vee on tower, but this might interact with the
40-2CD & C31XR I'm planning to put up near the top at 105 and 95  feet.  So,
I got to thinking about the idea of using the boom on one antenna to try and
get 80m.  Although many have done such for 40, how about 80?

The problem I see with the 40-2CD is that the driven elements are insulated
from the boom, so this won't look very symettric (and won't get any
capacitive loading from the driven elements).  Perhaps the C31XR with it's
longer boom (31' versus 22' of the 40-2CD) is a better choice.  With all
those elements it will have a lot of capacitive loading!

-- Bill
N7VM

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----