[TowerTalk] Oil for dummy load

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Oil for dummy load
From: (w7xu)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:02:21 +0000

I think we're getting somewhat far afield here, but I've never seen
mineral oil or other petroleum-based products used on humans other
than as a laxative or perhaps topically.  Water-soluble products are
used for lubricants when inserting tubes, etc.  Petroleum-based
products should particularly be avoided around the airway since
aspiration could lead to a chemical pneumonitis.

Now lets return to tower-related topics.

73,  Arliss W7XU (and an MD)

Jim wrote:
> Mineral oil is a clear highly refined petroleum based (I think) oil. (The
> gallon can that I had for some time came from Chevron. The oil company).
> It looks like and has the consistency of cooking oil. It does not smell or
> taste. You can actually buy small quantities of it at any drug store. It is
> used as a laxative for both animals and humans. You just take a big swig of
> it! It is also used as a lubricant for the medical industry. If the doctor
> puts a tube down  your nose or throat, they usually use this. Veterinarians
> also use it for lubricant when inserting tubing or medical instruments etc
> into the orifices of animals.

Order online at