[TowerTalk] Summary: Short Tower and Close Foundation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Summary: Short Tower and Close Foundation
From: (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:50:11 -0800
I was at a hamfest where the HexBeam was being exhibited.  I listened,
several times, as the owner of the company (and I guess the inventer of the
HexBeam . . .) was talking about it to potential buyers.  When there was a
break in the conversation, I asked about how it looks when modeled on the
computer.  All he could tell me is that, obviously, computer modeling is
inadequate to show the true performance of the HexBeam since it performs
much better than predicted by computer modeling.  I walked away from that
discussion with very little confidence in the HexBeam or its inventer . . .
Without a far better explanation than that, I would never invest my
hard-earned money in one . . .

Tom Rauch wrote:

> > stature, to be installed at a later date. I am very insecure about the
> > HexBeam and am now carefully considering the Force 12 antennas. I'll
> > keep you all posted.
> You should be insecure about the Hex beam. There is far too much
> hyperbole and far too few facts offered in the claims.
> 73, Tom W8JI

Order online at