[TowerTalk] Hex Beam....was: Summary: Short Tower and Close Foundation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam....was: Summary: Short Tower and Close Foundation
From: (Dan Evans)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:27:00 -0500
I've been a ham for roughly 10 years now, and one of the things I picked up
real quick was to take antenna adds with a grain of salt.

When this thread started the Hex Beam caught my attention, and I went to the
web site and checked them out.  I'm actually still considering homebrewing
one.  I wouldn't pay the asking price for them, even if I could afford it!

As far as performance goes, someone else pointed out that these are a
compromised 2 element yagi.  The look very similar to the X beam which is
covered very well on L.B. Cebiks web page.  They may even be a "compromised"
X beam.

On the positive side, they would be very light and have a small foot print.
Which is what I found interesting.  They should also be pretty cheap to

If I could put up full sized yagis, or even a good tribander, I probably
wouldn't consider these.  But I may yet try one.

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at: