[TowerTalk] believing antenna manufacturers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] believing antenna manufacturers
From: (
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:48:06 EST
Hi Natan,

I recently had a very poor experience with Force.  First, I had an
installation question and called and fax'ed Force... but I never received a

Second, the C-19XR is a very flimsy built antenna considering it's advertised
at "100 mph".  The antenna flops around like a bird in full flight, and in my
opinion, is not desirable for windy or coastal areas... such as here near
Daytona Beach, Florida.

The Hy-Gain TH-3 which you criticize there gains (perhaps rightfully so) are
a much stronger antenna than the Force.  Therefore, while the Hy-Gain gain
figures are less accurate than Force, I believe the Hy-Gain wind survival
ratings are more accurate than Force.

W8JI makes a good point when he states "don't believe antenna specifications".

73's, Richard- NO4S

Order online at