[TowerTalk] Force 12, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12, etc.
From: k6rb@baymoon.com (K6RB)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:47:56 -0800
I can't speak for the C19 antenna but I can speak for the C31-XR and MAG
240N. I stacked the two (with K7LXC's help) in August on a 20' chromoloy
mast. The MAG sits at 65', the C31-XR sits at 55'. In December we had a
brutal storm with wind peaks of 80 mph and averages of 48 mph. The mast
twisted in the rotator clamp about 72 degrees CCW. And the tower had some
deformation. But the two Force 12 antennas came through without a scratch. I
had had a KLM KT34-XA up there for 16 years and it, too, survived a lot of
storms, but to say that Force 12 antennas are "flimsy" and not suitable for
windy, coastal areas doesn't at all correspond with my experiences. I am 2.5
miles from Monterrey Bay, 300 feet above sea level, with nothing to block
the incoming winds and storms. So far I'm very pleased with both Force 12
antennas.

Rob K6RB

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----