[TowerTalk] Rotator Capacitor

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Capacitor
From: (dan hearn)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:20:22 -0800
I recently acquired a CD 44 rotator and control box which was not
working. After checking it out, I determined that the motor
capacitor(120-140 mfd @ 50 VAC) was shot. I had a couple of small Nippon
Chemi Con filter caps on hand. They are 85 C 100mfd, 200vdc rated. I
connected these in series, minus to minus and wired them in place of the
bad cap. The motor seems to run fine now. Is this setup a reliable
replacement for the original? Should I have used a pair of 250 mfd caps?

73, Dan, N5AR

Order online at