[TowerTalk] Testsing a possible new site / terrain analysis.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Testsing a possible new site / terrain analysis.
From: f5vhn@yahoo.com (Ffive VHN)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:17:30 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
I previously posted this question on the CQ-contest
reflector and Steve K7LXC thought that Tower Talk
would be able to help as well.

I am in the process of moving house and looking for a
location where I can work HF contests and DX.

I suppose I have 2 questions.

1) Would you "trust" YT (Yagi Terrain by the ARRL) to
dictate your new QTH, 100%? 90%? as a guide ? .....?
I've already had one great surprise from YT. A
relatively elevated site with a long gradual slope,
didn't do much more than flat ground, 20m - 10m!!!

2) How did you chose AND TEST your QTH PRIOR to
purchase.  I'm thinking about testing for line noise
etc....
How do you test for power line noise or local
interference? Don't forget I will be  /m or /p
and only a very short amount of time.
I'm in the process of building a 160m receiving loop
(no pre amp, its the one in the ARRL Antenna book)

If there are already archives on this please point me
in the right direction, I'm slowly going through them.

I'll summarise any direct reply and post them in a
week or so.

What do you think ?

Thanks
Robert F5VHN@yahoo.com