[TowerTalk] High Antenna Modelling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] High Antenna Modelling
From: htodd@twofifty.com (Hisashi T Fujinaka)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:31:47 -0800 (PST)
While I trust the NEC-2 engine, it is still idealized and computer
simulations should not replace common sense. I say this with a lot of
experience modelling analog and digital ICs pre-layout. There are
conditions where the simulation just doesn't work out the way it really
turns out.

Common sense is sometimes hard to come by in ham radio, where peoples'
knowledge of science comes from an odd collection of study, anecdotes, and
hearsay. For this reason, it might be better to trust the simulation than
"ham sense." But don't think the simulation is the be-all and do-all.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----