[TowerTalk] Crank up tower climbing safety

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower climbing safety
From: (Michael Watts)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:51:59 -0800 (PST)
There's a clear solution to the safety problem with crankup towers.
It's the use of a "nesting" fixture on which each of the
telescoping sections rests when the telescoping sections are down.

I agree that climbing a crankup tower is dangerous unless the
telescoping sections are PREVENTED from moving under any
circumstance.  A nesting fixture does that.  I now climb
my crankup tower with peace of mind knowing that none of
the sections can move even a milimeter.

Maybe I should market this nesting fixture for all the guys with

Do You Yahoo!?

Order online at