[TowerTalk] Yagi Performance ( Was: Clarification Re: Painting aRoof Tow

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Performance ( Was: Clarification Re: Painting aRoof Tower and Antenna?
From: satcom@lava.net (Stuart Browne)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:28:56 -1000
Tom,....As in most real-life situations my tower and antenna are a
compromise. I live in an environmentally concience community and I'm
attempting to keep a low-profile in my neighborhood. My C4-XL when fully
cranked up on the LM-470 ( see WH6H at QRZ.com) enables me to put out a
competitive signal ( four ARRL DX Phone plaques in five years) and although
I'd love to have stacked arrays and numerous 100' towers like at my friend
KH7R's QTH, the 2 el mono banders "stacked" on a single boom from 10 to 40 m
works ok for me.  Having worked in the satellite comunications network
business for 28 years, I've become more interested in performance than
theory and engineering compromise is often necessary. God bless all of you
who have the 20 acres, 150' towers and stacked array's. While your out
mowing, climbing towers to "keep it up",  I'll be at the beach or up on 10
meters with a European pile-up.

73's and Aloha,

Stu -- WH6H