[TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Capacitor for Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Capacitor for Tower
From: nwtncc@iswt.com (James Hall)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:28:29 -0600
Hi all:

I would like to shunt feed my 72' crank-up.  The Carolina Windom 160 in a
inverted-V configuration just ain't doin' it !  I cannot even hear the S9LA
station and the guys with the 4-squares are eating my lunch.  There is no
way to get that Carolina Windom horizontal without about 700' of rope.  I
figure the most direct approach is to use the tower.  It has good capacitive
won't go there !)

I would like to use my amp on 75/80 meters and 160 meters from time to time
and that would call for a stout capacitor.  My junk box is
variable-capacitor challenged ! I've read excellent articles on tube
designs, etc.  Then there are large mechanicals and the expensive vacuums.
I've never attempted this before and would ask those in the know to give me
guidance.  I have a pretty fair ground screen now and I will plan on putting
down a few miles more wire - I promise !

I have very few countries confirmed on 75/80 and none on 160.  I would like
to have more than just a presence on these bands - soon - so that I can
start snagging some of the DX.

I also have a 600' long wire which isn't doing much now.  I've thought about
bringing it down and making my first beverage antenna.

Jamie
WB4YDL

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----