[TowerTalk] Crank up tower climbing safety

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower climbing safety
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:35:49 -0800
Hi Michael,

Your solution is obviously more "clear" to you than it is to me.  All I can
say is that everyone I have ever talked to that was involved in any kind of
crankup accident was quite sure it was not going to happen to them . . . and
then it did . . .  There are crankup stops available right now that are
supposed to prevent unexpected movements of the tower sections.  The "human
error element" is still present, even with the most sophisticated safety
systems, and as long as it is a human being climbing a crankup, they can
still get hurt by not following the safety rules properly.  I may think
differently if I knew more about how your "nesting fixture" works . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com