[TowerTalk] Bead baluns

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bead baluns
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:25:02 -0500
I have had very good luck using the Budwig RF-1 dipole center insulators in
my 80m array, with 50 #73 beads over Teflon coax and PL-259s on each end.
I use big black plastic tiewraps, looped over the center insulators and
pulled snug along the beads, to serve as strain relief.  A layer of Scotch
33+ works well to protect the beads and attach the strain relief.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Order online at