[TowerTalk] Painting My Roof Tower/Antenna: Thanks for the Responses

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Painting My Roof Tower/Antenna: Thanks for the Responses
From: (
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:52:54 EST

> Thanksto all for their comments and suggestions re: painting my roof tower
> and antennas.
>  I'm not sure what I'm going to do...I *think* I'll paint the roof tower
>  as when I'm done cleaning it with a wire brush, it will be *too* shiny for
> my taste.  I might paint hte mast, but am not going to touch the antennas.

    Well, if you're not going to paint the antennas then I wouldn't bother
painting anything else. It's not the tower that does most of the light
reflecting - it's the antennas. Because of their round elements, they can
spray light reflections in a lot of places. Some guys paint their antennas
for that very reason and it does work as long as you don't paint the
electrical contact spots (feedpoint, linear loading clamps, etc.).

Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

Order online at