[TowerTalk] Climbing Belt Recommendations

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Belt Recommendations
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:09:11 -0500
A lot of people may disagree, but I always use both my fall arrest lanyard
(the one that attaches to the harness in the middle of my back) and my
positioning lanyard.  When climbing, I hook the positioning lanyard on one
waist D-ring and then reach as high as I can go and hook the other end to a
tower rung.  Then I climb till I can barely reach that hook at my ankles,
clip the fall-arrest lanyard on above my head, unclip the lower lanyard,
and repeat.

This started out as a sop to my acrophobic wife, but now I couldn't do
without it, because I *know* I'm not gonna fall.

Klein harness here too.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower