[TowerTalk] The First Triband Yagi

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The First Triband Yagi
From: (Michael Watts)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:56:09 -0800 (PST)
I think I have found the first ever triband yagi.  Back in 1946, rotatable
beams were in use only
on 10m and 20m.  This was mostly because 15m didn't exist yet.  So there had
never been any reason
to make a triband beam.  With the advent of 15m, the tribander was born.
However, it may not be
what you expect.

Have a look at the summary of the December 1946 QST article and photos I have
placed on my web
site.  Go to

Then click on the "Antennas" link

Then click on "The First Tribander" link

Do You Yahoo!?

Order online at