[TowerTalk] Antennas down

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antennas down
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:40:48 -0500
Ron
Educate us!
What was the orientation of those antennas to the wind direction when
they 'failed' the stress test?
What was the amount of radial ice on them?
Were they stacked in a Xmas tree?
If so, was the Xmas tree 'ordinary' or 'inverted'?
Where did the 205CA boom fail?
Where did the 155CA boom bend?
Where did the 105CA boom bend?
Which elements on which beams failed?
Did you have 'compensators' on the booms?
Very interested in the answers to these questions, as I am about to
erect an 'inverted' Xmas tree of 20 over 15 over 10 .. 204BA instead of
205CA.
Thanks in advance.
Don
N8DE