[TowerTalk] Leather Glooves

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Leather Glooves
From: (Mark .)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:36:24 -0500
Hi all,
I use the goat skin roping glove that have the extra layer on the palm for
guiding sliding ropes. I have added some modifications that you might find

1) I cut off the fingertips of the thumb, index, and middle fingers of the
gloves to allow dexterity with tower hardware. I use waxed dental floss to
stich around the cut ends to prevent the cut seams from unravelling further.

2) I pierced the outer cuff on each glove and added a small snap hook,
similar to a miniature carabiner. I attach short string lanyards to many of
my common tower tools, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, etc. When I set up to
use a tool, I clip its string lanyard into the hook on the glove cuff to
keep me from losing the tool if it slips out of my hand. This is especially
helpful when you're leaning out from the tower to access a side arm or
mount, and you can only work with one hand. This has saved me more than one
trip to retrieve a dropped tool!

Order online at