[TowerTalk] Leather Glooves

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Leather Glooves
From: VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:10:55 -0000
We all have our favourite foot and handwear and sometimes even have good
reasons for using what we use.  I prefer to climb with the soft leather
welding gloves that have the high cuffs  to protect well over the wrists.
It's often the wrists that take the real beating.  These gloves are quite
inexpensive and are typically unlined - it makes it easy to get your hands
in and out even if they are sweaty.  I wear a short cord (made from thin and
not very strong plastic tubing) around my neck with a pair of small battery
charger clips on them to grip the cuff of the glove. Nothing that is strong
enough to choke one's self on.   You can often get in and out of the gloves
without using your other hand, which is handy. Up here, if we didn't climb
when it was cold enough that you needed gloves, that would really make for
one busy weekend.....

73 Don
VE6JY

Order online at http://store.eham.net.