[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Insurance question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Insurance question
From: (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:03:40 -0500

I've used homeowner's insurance a few times and, in fact, a tower 
is no different than a detached garage, storage outbuilding, or 
barn ... as long as it is permanently attached to the land it is 
covered unless specifically excluded. 

Still, if you feel better ask your agent for a letter confirming 
the coverage.  


   ... Joe, K4IK 

> -----Original Message-----
> From:
> []On Behalf Of Al Crespo
> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 9:09 AM
> To:
> Cc:
> Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Insurance question
> John,
>       Insurance agents are as trust worthy as real estate agents.
>       If your agent tells you over the phone your antenna structure is
> covered under your standard policy, then send the person a letter
> confirming the conversation. 
>       Otherwise, don't be surprised if they do an Enron and "cannot
> not recall" the conversation if you have to later file a claim.
>       KISS and you will never regret it.
>       73, Al

Where do you get ICE bandpass filters & beverage matching boxes?  The
same place that pays for the hosting of this list:  The eHam Store.
Order online at

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>