[TowerTalk] 6 meters and WARC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6 meters and WARC
From: RLVZ@aol.com (RLVZ@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:03:51 EST
I recently installed a 6-meter yagi with a 12' boom... 6-1/2 feet above a
5-element 10-meter yagi with a 24' boom.  The 10-meter yagi continued to work
great but the performance of the 6-meter yagi was terrible.  While the SWR of
the 6-meter antenna was about the same... the gain, side rejection, and
front-to-back were way down from normal.  After one weekend I took the
6-meter yagi down.  The 6-meter yagi works well when located by it's
lonesome.

73, Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 2/13/02 11:22:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, gdixon@fmtc.net