[TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF6V - any help for 80
From: (Chris BONDE)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:00:10 -0800
At 12:01 AM 2002-02-19 -0600, wrote:

>A good ground system does NOT make up for this deficiency.
>Full Size or Top Loaded verticals are still MUCH more effective.
>SOME top loading can be added to the HF2V but it is limited
>by the matching range on 40M.  I doubt that top loading can
>be used with the HF6V without affecting operation on the high bands.
>Tom  N4KG

I have been told that top loading (inductance) is bad, if possible. That
the only top loading one is a cap hat.

I understand the inductance is best just above the centre of the physical
antenna.  However,  most verticals from my observations is about 3 to 4 ft
with a long whip above that.

Chris opr VE7HCB

Order online at